Join our team and be a key contributor to our continued growth and success. ANTS is looking for a Tax Notice Resolution Associate to join our fast-paced and growing company! We are searching for a talented and experienced individual to work with ANTSsoftware from a remote location. ANTS (Agency Notice Tracking System) is a tax notice compliance application that streamlines and automates agency notice administration and other tax related functions.
The Tax Notice Resolution Associate position is for someone who can problem solve, communicate well in oral and written form, multi-task and learn on the go. Primary responsibilities would be in tax notice resolution best practices, working with agencies and clients to help improve ANTS so it can help resolve agency issues and amended tax returns. The position also includes working with stakeholders on identifying and defining the additional features and functionality that our clients require. The Tax Notice Resolution Associate will be responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Researching and documenting specific agency notice workflows.
- Interacting with service representatives, clients, and agencies.
- Working in and documenting the individual agencies online services applications.
- Communicating via e-mail, phone, and writing to clients, agencies and other 3rd parties.
- Creating Agency and Client response letters based on notice types and situations.
- Reviewing and implementing workflows for issue resolutions based on notice and agency.
- Requesting, outlining and documenting agency abatement processes.
- Updating our social media site as needed to help engage clients.
- Creating blog posts based on tax issues our clients face.
- Help build a team of tax and service associates to assist clients and grow our agency resolution knowledgebase.
- Be involved in trade groups or subscribe to industry-specific publications to stay connected to the market.
- Working with clients International tax departments to help streamline workflows and procedures within ANTS.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field (strongly recommended).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Have a strong understanding of Federal, State and Local taxing jurisdictions and their requirements and challenges (international tax experience is a plus).
- 5+ years or more of tax experience.
- Have a strong understanding of the online resources used by each agency (online services, file verifications, ID requests, new account requests, POA’s, transcripts, etc.).
- Experience in various aspects of tax processing (payroll, corporate, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficient and effective multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and auditing skills with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and work overtime when needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel.
This job is not linked to a physical location.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year